Monday, March 22, 2010

Week 3 Recap:

Week 3 recap: 3/22-3/28

I am combining my Training and Health/Weight loss recaps into one post.


Training:

Monday: 30 minute run plus 10 minute warm-up/cool down

Tuesday: 15 minute walk on the treadmill, Mrytle, and yoga abs DVD

Wednesday: 30 minute run + 10 minute warm-up/cool down. I completed 3 miles in 30 minutes.

Thursday: 20 minute walk, yoga abs DVD, Mrytle routine

Friday: rest day

Saturday: 6 miles in 1/12 hours. 15 minute miles

Sunday: 40 minute walk with my hubby, Mrytle

Overall I feel stronger and more confident. I am more agile and can move with greater ease in all daily tasks. I even sleep like a log! I am normally a very light sleeper but now when my head hits the pillow I am down for the count. It is amazing how you can change your body in as little as 3 weeks. I felt tired this week but it was the good tired feeling that one gets from working hard. I had an abundance of energy this weekend. I cannot believe how much I have been accomplishing during the week and on weekends. I even clean more often! My previous motto was "You only clean if you are planning on entertaining or if it is visibly dirty" Now I just clean for the sake of keeping this clean.

Health:

Monday: had my usual lunch of quinoa and vegetables. snack: salad with fresh guac for dressing. dinner I had pizza: sprouted grain pita crust, veggies and goat cheese, and a sweet potato. I also enjoyed dried fruits and nuts throughout the day.

Tuesday: I forgot to bring my banana to work and that made me want to punch someone in the face. Not really, but I look forward to eating my banana since I only have liquids for breakfast. Seriously, who could eat a solid breakfast at 3:45 a.m.? I was fine though and wasn't even hungry. I will probably just have the same dinner as last night. I was going to make raw veggie "spaghetti" but I'm too lazy to learn how to use the mandolin slicer

I am down about a pound which seems about right. I know that I have been eating great and working out so I am not concerned with the scale anymore. My clothes fit much better and I cannot wait to take my measurements next. I basically ate the same things all week , lots of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. I have reverted back to a book by Natalia Rose which is about transitioning to raw food. While I never plan on being a full raw foodist, her philosophy works really well for me. I feel best physically and emotionally when I am eating good foods. I had no problem eating well. Monday through Friday was easy, the only junk I had was a few pieces of chocolate and half of a bagel with butter. Saturday and Sunday are a little harder. My husband and I had already plannned on getting pizza for lunch on Saturday but I ended up feeling so stuffed after eating 2 slices and several garlic knots that I didn't want anything for dinner. Sunday is a different matter. It's a XT day so I only walked for 40 minutes and I have a bunch of chores and stuff to do around the house and therefore I end up "snacking" on stuff all day. It's not really bad stuff just lots of cereal, ww bread, etc. I knew I should not have let my husband get the cereal! I'm a ceral addict!
After 3 weeks I can really feel the difference when I eat well and when I don't. I usually just plan my meals for Monday - Friday but I am going to have to give some consideration to my weekend meals. Like I said before, I'm not going to deprive myself of any foods that I really want. I find though, that on the weekends I would prefer healthy foods I just haven't prepped anything, feel lazy, and grab whatever is conveniant.

No comments:

Post a Comment