Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Week 2 Recap

Week 2:

Monday: 40 minute jog including 10 minute warm-up/cool-down

Tuesday: RICE rest, ice, compres, elevate. My hip was bothering me enough to take an extra rest day in hopes that it would feel better

Wednesday: 30 minute easy jog and 10 minute walk with Little Guy

Thursday: XT-15 minute walk, core workout, MRYTLE hip routine



Friday: rest day!

Saturday: 5 miles (alternating 5 minutes shuffling/3 minutes walking)

*start: 9:37 a.m. end: 10:54 a.m. 1hour and 17 minutes

Sunday: 40 minute walk with Little Guy

This week was a little more of a struggle than last week. My hip was a problem in the beginning of the week and I am happy to report that it is almost 100% better now. In Runner's World I found a marvelous yoga routine made specifically for the iliotibial band. I felt strong on my long run and I am looking forward to continuing my training plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment