Monday, January 24, 2011

adventures in cooking :)

Let me tell you a secret, I don't cook. I guess that it all started with my parents. You would be hard pressed to find better people than my parents, but we ate the same few meals day in and day out, over and over. They comprised of the following: pasta, Ragu sauce, and bread, pork chops, pizza, some kind of steak, meatloaf, hamburgers, mashed potatoes, and corn. This was the majority of what I ate. In addition, I hate meat so I ended up just sitting at the table and pushing food around my plate. As a result I was never trained to cook. To date, I have learned the most from cookbooks and James. Did you know that I never even put pepper on my food until I started cooking with James? Isn't that crazy?

Therefore part of my 21 day vegan challenge was to cook out of my comfort zone. So far I have made three dishes, two of which were a great success. I even used my food processor for the first time! I literally had to dig it out of storage.

Below are pictures from making Curried Chickpea Patties. Soooo yummy!
Food processor brought up from storage
I fought my fear of using the processor, put it together, and prepared to dive into the unknown
So far so good. At least I got the ingredients in the thing.
WOAH it's blending!!
sauteing some patties
Golden brown on one side
My plating skills leave much to be desired

The recipe makes 10 patties so I will enjoy these again tonight! Success!

No comments:

Post a Comment