Tuesday, July 19, 2011

when i'm not blogging i'm not being healthy



Here's a little secret for you...


If I'm not blogging that means I have fallen into some bad habits and I am trying to avoid talking about them! Namely, my healthy diet has fallen into the gutter. I have flown off the handle and am subsisting entirely on a diet of garbage. I blame this on the fact that it is summer and I am either working entirely too much because co-workers are on vacation, or I am on vacation. For non-work weekends James and I are at the beach or some kind of party which equals bad food choices. It all started after I came back from Florida and I just decided to keep eating like I was on vacation, where calories don't count. After all, I had another vacation coming up so why bother eating better if I was only going to eat junk again? This was really fun at first. I have been running pretty regularly so I don't look terrible and I eat chocolate, carbs, and cheese all day. I don't think about what I am having for dinner because I just eat chips or pasta. Really good huh? Plus, my malaria/lupus medicine is working fabulously, and I feel a million times better. This is a huge blessing! I guess that after a year of eating really well just to function daily it has been nice to throw caution to the wind and scarf down whatever I want and still feel okay. Up until now that is. Lately, I haven't been feeling "great" and I can only blame my diet. I don't care what anyone says, food matters, especially for me. I may be taking a magic pill to feel better but I shouldn't rely on that alone. After all, I don't want to be on this stuff for a long time no matter how minimal the side effects. So, here we are, back at square one. I am going to start planning and prepping my meals again, trying new recipes and sticking to old ones. Wish me luck!


Running...


Has been going well! I'm looking to do a Half Marathon in the Fall. Maybe... It is something that I really want to do, I just don't want to push myself too much. I think that if I start now I will be able to do it. The problem is that I have had some minor set backs. I have been very consistent, running 3 miles a few times a week and some half-assed XT on the other days. I even wake up before the sun to get my runs in because the heat has been crazy on the East Coast! So that is all good. The bad is that I am having trouble increasing my mileage. I'm frustrated because I'm still having problems with my knees. I have been wearing an ACE thing on my left knee because my right one is usually okay. For a while I had braces on both and I think that I may have to go back to that. It just looks stupid. My last two doctors said my knees were fine so I think that it is just some weird inflammation thing going on. This is another reason I want to revamp my diet. I think it will help my running.


I am stuck in a rut for my XT days. I was going to buy Tracy Anderson DVD's but the reviews are terrible. She is the trainer for all of the super fit fabulous celebrities. Maybe she is better in person? Either way, I cannot afford to fly to LA for personal training sessions so I am back on my search for something.

No comments:

Post a Comment